Scroll to Top

Third Lawsuit Filed against Flamingly-Bad Fyre Festival

By Admin / Published on Saturday, 06 May 2017 02:41 AM / No Comments / 36 views

Summary: The organizers of the Fyre Festival have been sued for a third time in the span of a week.

On April 29, 2017, a gaggle of rich kids on a private island in the Bahamas had one of the worst experiences of their lives–FEMA tents as housing, cheese sandwiches for sustenance, and no Blink 182 music. While the schadenfreude for those of us at home was real, the guests of the first annual Fyre Festival were clearly duped. Festival-goers reportedly paid $ 1,000 to $ 250,000 for their tickets, and they were promised luxury housing, gourmet food and drink, big headliners, and celebrities galore. With such clear cut consumer fraud, no wonder attorneys are salivating like the rabid dogs at the festival to file lawsuits.

Fyre Festival organizers, rapper Ja Rule and businessman Billy McFarland, have already been sued twice this week, and now it’s being reported that the pair have been slapped with a third explosive lawsuit.

According to Rolling Stone, the third complaint alleges negligence, fraud, misrepresentation and violation of consumer protection laws in all 50 states. Like the other two lawsuits, this lawsuit is seeking class action status.

The plaintiffs are Matthew Herlihy and Anthony Lauriello, who attended the festival last week, and the two men are not only suing Ja Rule and McFarland, but their marketing director Grant Margolin.

Herlihy and Lauriello filed their complaint in New York’s federal Second District Court. The other two lawsuits against Fyre Festival were submitted in California.

Herlihy and Lauriello said they paid $ 1,027 each for their tickets, and the price tag included travel and luxury accommodations. Like the plaintiffs of the other lawsuits, the men said there wasn’t adequate housing, food, and basic amenities like running water. According to Rolling Stone, Herlihy said the event was “total chaos” and Lauriello said the experience was “mayhem.”

The plaintiffs said that in addition to buying their ticket, they also put almost $ 1,000 onto their wristband for festival expenses and that Fyre Festival has yet to refund them. They also said that their headphones and clothes were stolen because there wasn’t any security at the Fyre Festival crap fest.

After the disastrous opening day, Fyre Festival issued a statement on Instagram, promising to refund festival-goers, but the money does not appear to be returned yet.

The plaintiffs’ lawyer, Rosemary Rivas, told Rolling Stone that the two wannabe partiers were stuck on the island after being led there on false pretenses.

“Our clients’ time in the Bahamas was harrowing,” Rivas said. “What was supposed to be a few days of enjoyment and entertainment on Norman’s Cay turned out to be a miserable, chaotic and unsafe experience on a different Bahamian island in an undeveloped area. We find it remarkable that the event was not canceled earlier in light of the lack of infrastructure and improper planning. We look forward to obtaining justice for our clients and all other attendees.”

The inclusion of Fyre Festival’s marketing director suggests that those involved with the false advertising may be held liable. This is in line with the other lawsuits, which did not name those involved with the advertising as defendants but hinted that they may be sued in the future.

On Tuesday, celebrity attorney Mark Geragos filed a $ 100 million complaint on behalf of Daniel Jung, and in that lawsuit, he condemned Instagram models such as Kendall Jenner, Bella Hadid and Emily Ratajkowski for violating FTC guidelines. Before the event, they and other social media influencers posted sexy snaps of them having the time of their lives, and the misleading celebrities did not disclose that they were paid to promote the event.

The second lawsuit against Fyre Festival was filed on behalf of three female attendees Chelsea Chinery, Shannon McAuliffe and Desiree Flores. So far, there is no word if any of the three complaints will be granted class action status.

Source: Rolling Stone

Photo courtesy of Your EDM

What do you think of this lawsuit? Let us know in the comments below.

Celebrity News – JDJournal

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *